Wednesday, October 12, 2011

HELLO from Croatia!

Hello from Croatia! We are a small suburban primary school only 3km away from the city of Čakovec in the north of Croatia. The name of our place and school is Strahoninec. The school has 327 students and we are in grade 3 (ages 8-9). This year we are learning English for 3 years. English is taught from the first grade (age 6) and we are pretty good in speaking it. In the photo you can see the front entrance of our school. We like having photo sessions and we have a lot to show. It is autumn in Croatia now. The weather today is partly cloudy, but warm. We are happy to be your friends!

7 comments:

Nelly - Slovenia said...

And we're happy to be yours. Actually it is very unusual to speak to you in English :)
Greetings from Slovenia!

Our Classroom Family said...

Hello from the Starfish, Maine, USA!

Tea H said...

Hi and nice to meet you all! Such various countries - I know that this project is going to be a huge success! ;) Yes, Nelly it is a bit strange, since I understand Slovenian, but I am not so good at writing and speaking it. :)

Nelly - Slovenia said...

And I'm not good at speaking Croatian but I understand everything. Joj, kam smo prišli, ha ha ....
Lep pozdrav in lahko noč!

maggy said...

Hello to Croatia!
It's such a nice and beautiful country. I visited your country twice and I have good memories from it- outstanding views, always beautiful weather and friendly people. As far as your photo is concerned your students are very lively especially those boys lying:)
I'm trying to figure out what Nelly has written- is it "oh gosh, where have we came/ met?" but I have no idea what's the sentence that it follows, something like "all the best/ greetings"

Nelly said...

You're doing great, Maggy :) Exactly what you suspected .... And last words were: Best regards and good night!
We had wonderful sunny day today and we had all the observing work connected with weather done. We enjoyed very much. The report will follow very soon ....
Greetings to all!

Necla Avci Sezen said...

Hello To Croatia;
I am very happy to work with you..and your city has sunny days like ours I think :)
best regards
Necla-Turkey